Are You a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
If you are interested in straightening your smile without metal braces, Invisalign is on your radar. The only question is: Are you a good candidate for Invisalign? Consult with the experts and certified providers at Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield Township, MI, to find out.
You Want a Discreet Solution
Invisalign has changed the options for how teeth are straightened. Braces are no longer the domain of teenagers. Adults can get the aligned smile they’ve always wanted without a metal mouth and without anyone knowing about their treatment.
If you’re concerned about how orthodontic alternatives could interfere with your job or social life, that already makes you a potentially viable candidate for Invisalign. Being able to remove your clear aligners for meals or temporarily for special occasions allows you the freedom to live as you please while still working hard to straighten your smile.
Metal braces, even ceramic, tooth-colored ones, can be limiting and make a person feel self-conscious. With Invisalign, you can speak up in a meeting, interview, or presentation without worrying that others are distracted by the hardware on your teeth. You can maintain the social life you love without braces getting in the way.
Your Misalignment Can Be Corrected with Invisalign
If you are already curious about Invisalign because it is discreet and less likely to interrupt your lifestyle, your dentist needs to determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign based on your unique alignment problems.
In most cases, Invisalign can correct nearly every problem that metal braces address, including:
- Open bites
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
Alignment issues are not one-size-fits-all, and there could be more than one problem going on at the same time in your mouth. A thorough exam and 3D digital imaging will give your West Bloomfield Invisalign provider enough information to determine whether Invisalign can help you achieve the straight, healthy smile you want.
Qualifying for One Type of Invisalign
If you are a good candidate for Invisalign, you may be surprised to learn which type of treatment you qualify for. There are different types of Invisalign, including:
- Invisalign Full: The complete mouth alignment method that straightens both top and bottom teeth. Takes an average of one year to complete but could last shorter or longer depending on the complexity of the case.
- Invisalign Lite: Corrects minor orthodontic issues like spaces and overcrowding. Treatment time is only about six months.
- Invisalign Express: Treats mild relapses from previous orthodontic treatment or addresses minor spaces. Treatment lasts about three to six months.
- Invisalign Teen: Specially designed for adolescents with trays that make room for teeth that have yet to erupt. Each aligner includes wear indicators to ensure that teens comply with treatment.
The Responsibility of Wearing Invisalign
You can straighten your teeth, align your bite, and enjoy all the benefits of a gorgeous smile if you undergo Invisalign treatment. Like every type of orthodontics, however, clear aligners come with responsibilities. Follow these to the letter and your treatment will proceed smoothly and your smile will be straighter than ever in no time. Invisalign is only as successful as your dedication to and observance of all the rules.
- Wear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Only remove aligners for meals, snacks, and cleaning.
- Change aligners as instructed, usually every two weeks.
- Visit your Invisalign provider every six weeks or as recommended.
- Clean aligners daily and keep them safe in their case when not in your mouth.
Wearing Invisalign is easy when you are committed to the treatment – are you prepared to prioritize Invisalign and follow your dentist’s instructions?
If so, reach out to Dr. Jacqueline Zoma and her team at Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield Township to schedule a consultation and undergo an exam to see if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign.