Invisalign is a straightforward treatment for straightening teeth. There are, however, plenty of facts about this alignment method that are important for every patient to know and understand. Get the details from Zoma Dental, certified Invisalign providers in West Bloomfield Township.
Breaking Down the Numbers
Invisalign is a bit of a numbers game. Here’s how things break down over the course of treatment:
- 12 months: It takes about one year to complete Invisalign treatment, though some patients will have a shorter treatment time and others will need longer to align their smile. It depends on how much your teeth need to move and how dedicated you are to the treatment plan.
- 20 to 22 hours: Invisalign aligners must be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day for treatment to be effective and efficient. Trays should only be removed about four times a day for meals and cleaning.
- 2 weeks: Every set of trays is worn for about two weeks before switching to the next set. You will do this on your own at home in accordance with your dentist’s treatment plan.
- 6 weeks: You will visit your West Bloomfield Township Invisalign provider about every six weeks to get a checkup on the progress of your treatment and to collect your next several sets of aligners.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Patients who have invisible braces know the many perks of this treatment. Here are just some of the realities of wearing Invisalign:
- Discreet: Invisalign is practically invisible, thanks to the super-slim and clear aligners. They won’t get in the way of your job, education, appearance, photos, or lifestyle.
- For teens and adults: Adults can straighten their teeth without interrupting their daily life and responsibilities. The invisible nature of Invisalign Teen minimizes adolescent angst and is specially designed for teenagers, with wear indicators that show the patient is compliant.
- No food restrictions: Invisalign wearers can eat whatever they want as long as they remove their trays first, unlike braces-wearers who cannot eat certain foods without potentially damaging their brackets and wires.
- Correct your unique misalignment: Whether you have gapped teeth, crooked teeth, overbite, underbite, open bite, or otherwise, Invisalign can correct most any problem that conventional braces can correct.
- Easy to clean: Brush them, soak them, pop them back in. No special tools are needed to keep your trays clear and fresh.
- Comfortable: Traditional metal braces are made of brackets and wires that can poke your lips, cheeks, and gums. Invisalign trays are smooth and sleek and do not cause injury.
The Cost of Invisalign
The cost of every dental treatment, including Invisalign, will vary depending on your unique oral health circumstances. For this orthodontic alternative, though, you can expect the following:
- An investment: Invisalign costs between $3,000 and $7,000, similar to the price of conventional braces, but with far greater perks, including a discreet appearance and faster treatment time.
- All-inclusive: Your provider will break down the cost of your entire Invisalign treatment at the start and it will include everything from office visits to trays to retainers.
- Payment options: Zoma Dental offers multiple payment options, including CareCredit, so Invisalign can be affordable for your budget.
Are You a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
If you want a subtle, efficient way to straighten your smile, Invisalign is it. Millions of adults have gotten the straight smile they’ve always wanted thanks to Invisalign. No one needs to know that you’re upgrading your smile, and you don’t have to suffer with inconvenient brackets and wires to get straight teeth.