If you dislike the appearance of your teeth, the right cosmetic dentistry treatment can dramatically change your look and give you the beautiful smile you have always wanted. At Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield, we work with our patients to conceal chipped teeth, stains, gaps, misalignment, and so much more for a bright, flawless, beautiful smile.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Any dental procedure that elevates the look of your teeth can be classified as a cosmetic dentistry treatment, even if the procedure restores tooth form and function at the same time. The treatments most commonly considered cosmetic include:
- Porcelain veneers: The super-thin porcelain shields are customized in size, shape, and color to complement your teeth and cover every aesthetic complaint, from chips to discoloration to short teeth. They are permanent, long-lasting, and stain resistant. Not to mention, veneers deliver that fashionable VIP look of perfect teeth.
- Teeth whitening: One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments, teeth whitening can be done in the dental office with Philips Zoom, which is a high-intensity light-bleaching system, or at home using a professional-grade tray-whitening system from your dentist called Opalescence. Both of these deliver incredible results for brighter and whiter teeth.
- Porcelain crowns: Often referred to as a cap. Porcelain crowns cover up damaged or unsightly teeth to make them look natural with the rest of your teeth. Whether a tooth is discolored, misshapen, or otherwise damaged, a crown can be customized to hide what you don’t like and leave beauty in its wake.
- Invisalign: This clear aligner system straightens crooked, gapped, and misaligned teeth. An alternative to the conventional brackets and wires of braces, Invisalign is often considered cosmetic dentistry because even though it takes time to carry out the treatment, it’s nearly impossible to see and improves the appearance of your teeth the entire time.
The Cosmetic Perks of Dental Restorations
Some cosmetic dentistry solutions not only improve the appearance of your smile, they improve its form and function. Fixing a broken-down smile with the following treatments will not only make you look better, but your teeth will work and feel better too:
- Dental implants: Missing teeth are not only a cosmetic issue for your smile, they are a cosmetic one for your entire face. The absence of teeth will alter your jawbone, which can lead to a compressed or shrunken look. Implants replace the missing tooth roots and support a dental crown, whether you need to replace one tooth or many teeth, and they make your smile look natural and complete.
- Fillings: White fillings, also known as composite fillings, are used for more than just treating cavities. They can correct stains or discoloration, fill in gaps or chips, and brighten up your smile that may just need a little tweaking.
- Dental bridges: A dental bridge fills the gap created by a missing tooth. It is used in conjunction with porcelain crowns which anchor the bridge in place and eliminate the hole in your smile.
Are You a Good Candidate for West Bloomfield Cosmetic Dentistry?
If you want to improve your smile, there is a cosmetic dentistry treatment to make that possible. Your West Bloomfield cosmetic dentist will conduct an evaluation of your teeth, gums, and bite, and together you will discuss all the viable options for your smile makeover and determine the solution that’s best for your lifestyle, budget, and smile goals.
Contact Zoma Dental to schedule your consultation and learn more about cosmetic dentistry.
©2020 | Zoma Dental | All Rights Reserved