Types of Porcelain Veneers
Beautiful and Natural Looking Smiles
Your Smile Evaluation Begins Here!
We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
Please note: We have talented doctors, an awesome staff, free second opinions, and many insurance and financing options available.
We Create Beautiful New Smiles!
Do you have healthy teeth but are unhappy with how your smile looks? Porcelain veneers conceal all the imperfections to give you flawless, white teeth. No matter how many aesthetic complaints you have, whether they’re on multiple teeth or one tooth, veneers can hide them all in one procedure. At Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield, we create beautiful, new smiles using porcelain veneers.
How Do Veneers Work?
Natural-looking, long-lasting, and strong, veneers are made of incredibly thin shells of porcelain that are customized for each patient, so no two smiles look the same. Once it has been decided that you are a good candidate for veneers, the process is usually complete in two or three dental visits:
- Consultation: You will meet with your West Bloomfield dentist to discuss the characteristics of your veneers. Everything from color to length to translucency to shape to size will be evaluated and determined so your veneers can be constructed just for you and designed to blend in seamlessly with your skin color, face shape, age, and even gender.
- Prep: In order to make room for the veneers on the teeth, a small amount of enamel usually needs to be shaved away. An impression and mold of your teeth are made to ensure that the veneers are made in the proper size.
- Application: When the customized veneers are ready, these handcrafted pieces of super-thin porcelain will be placed on your teeth so you and your cosmetic dentist can confirm that all the elements are right. Once satisfied, the veneers will be bonded to the teeth, cured, and shaped for the final look.
What many patients opt for is veneers on their top teeth and teeth whitening on the bottom row of teeth to match the rest of their dazzling new smile. What’s important is getting the right ratio of veneers to teeth so your smile looks natural.
Problems Fixed By Porcelain Veneers
Even if you have a lot of cosmetic issues with your teeth, veneers can usually cover them all at the same time, giving themselves the reputation as one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments. If you have any of the following problems, veneers could be your solution:
- Short teeth
- Worn enamel
- Surface cracks
While all these cosmetic issues can be repaired with other cosmetic dentistry treatments, like Invisalign or porcelain crowns, veneers are one treatment that corrects everything at the same time.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
There are powerful physical, mental, and emotional advantages that come from getting a porcelain veneers smile makeover.
- Improved confidence: If you have been unhappy with how your smile affects your whole appearance and if you have stopped yourself from smiling or speaking because of your teeth, porcelain veneers will cover up all the imperfections and give you a new lease on life.
- Restored function: Teeth that are breaking down or unstable do not function well. They are unstable and are hard to live with. You will not have to worry about biting into food when durable, strong, and stain-resistant veneers are in place.
- Long-lasting: All you need to do to care for veneers is brush and floss them daily, just like natural teeth, and see your dentist twice a year for cleanings and check-ups. Veneers can last for decades with proper care.
- Beautiful teeth: Above all, veneers give you a beautiful smile that makes you look happier, healthier, and younger.
Are You A Good Candidate For Porcelain Veneers?
Your West Bloomfield cosmetic dentist will conduct a complete evaluation of your teeth, gums, and bite to determine if porcelain veneers are the best solution for your smile makeover. Even if veneers aren’t the answer, there is always a cosmetic or restorative dentistry treatment that can be customized to fix your smile.
Contact Zoma Dental to schedule your consultation and learn more about porcelain veneers and other types of cosmetic dentistry.