Repair and Beautify your Teeth
Don’t Spend Another Day With Tooth Pain!
We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
Please note: We have talented doctors, an awesome staff, free second opinions, and many insurance and financing options available.
The Versatile Dental Restoration
Porcelain crowns are a versatile dental restoration and cosmetic dentistry solution. Whatever solution you need for your smile, Zoma Dental delivers a durable, long-lasting, natural-looking dental repair, so you can smile, bite, chew, and speak with confidence.
Repair A Damaged Tooth With A Porcelain Crown
When a tooth is damaged by infection or injury, it needs to be built back up again so it can function properly. Crowns, also known as a cap, both restore and save teeth by building teeth back up to their original shape and size. This dental restoration is a powerful way to conceal what is wrong with a tooth while simultaneously repairing and beautifying it.
Here are common situations that call for a porcelain crown:
- Chipped, cracked, or broken tooth: A tooth that is already damaged will only chip or crack further without an intervention. A crown covers the problem and makes the tooth whole again.
- Weak tooth: When a tooth is weak and in danger of breaking, a crown strengthens it, preventing the likelihood of breakage.
- Infected tooth: Porcelain crowns are often paired with root canal procedures. An infected tooth that calls for root canal therapy needs to be covered up and protected after treatment and a crown gets that job done.
- Tooth decay: The removal of a large area of tooth decay cannot always be adequately repaired by a tooth-colored filling because there is not enough enamel to support the filling. Porcelain crowns are the robust solution needed.
Porcelain Crowns Repair Unsightly Teeth
Not every use of a porcelain crown is for an oral health emergency or repair. Many times, crowns are used for aesthetic reasons:
- Discolored: A stained or discolored tooth that cannot be fixed with professional teeth whitening can be fitted with a crown, which makes teeth white again and eliminates that bothersome tooth that sticks out because of it’s discoloration.
- Misshapen: When a tooth is misshapen, it’s not going to grow into another shape. You either allow it to ruin your smile or figure out how to make it blend into your smile. A crown is customized in size, shape, and color to complete a smile makeover.
- Aged: As you age, your teeth do too, of course. Sometimes the appearance of aging teeth is hard to escape, but a porcelain crown can take the place of original tooth enamel and fortify a smile that is breaking down.
The Porcelain Crown Procedure
Crowns are usually completed in two visits to the dentist:
Appointment 1: During the first appointment, your tooth is shaped and smoothed to prep it for the crown. This often involves the removal of damaged tooth enamel to ensure the crown will fit snugly and seamlessly. Your West Bloomfield dentist will then take an impression of the prepared tooth so a customized porcelain crown can be made by the dental lab. The size, color, and shape of the crown will be designed to blend in with the rest of your teeth.
Appointment 2: During the second appointment, the crown is fitted to the tooth and adjusted for fit and appearance before it is permanently cemented in place. Your dentist will check to ensure that the crown is comfortable and fits correctly. The restoration should look, feel, and work just like a natural tooth.
Do You Need A Porcelain Crown?
Porcelain crowns are reliable dental repairs for damaged, broken, chipped, cracked, misaligned, unsightly, or missing teeth. Find out if this dental restoration is right for you, whether alone or as part of a dental bridge or dental implant. Contact Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield for a free consultation.