Caring for Porcelain Veneers
Your teeth are not self-cleaning, not even when you have cosmetic dentistry. Even though porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, they aren’t indestructible and still need to be taken care of every day just like natural teeth. Caring for porcelain veneers is an essential piece of making your smile makeover last for a lifetime and always look good. The team at Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield Township, MI, is ready to help you care for your veneers.
Contact Us Today!
We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
Please note: We have talented doctors, an awesome staff, free second opinions, and many insurance and financing options available.
The Best Way to Clean Porcelain Veneers
There isn’t a big secret when it comes to caring for porcelain veneers. Cleaning them is as simple as cleaning your natural teeth, no special tools necessary:
- Brush twice a day with a soft-bristled brush
- Floss at least once a day
- Visit your dentist every six months for a professional cleaning and checkup
These simple rules apply to everyone when it comes to keeping teeth healthy – and porcelain veneers looking good. If you take consistent care of your smile, your teeth will stay white, shining, healthy, and beautiful. You can even talk to your dentist about a veneer polishing for that extra touch.
Understand How Veneers Work
When people learn that their veneers are stain resistant, it can be tempting to slack a little on the oral health care. After all, your teeth will still look great no matter what, right? Maybe for a little while, but you still have a bunch of other teeth in your mouth that aren’t veneer-covered, and your natural teeth hidden behind your veneers. Remember:
- It’s possible to develop cavities, stains, and other oral health problems in those concealed teeth that can threaten the solidity of your veneers and overall dental wellness.
- Veneers collect plaque, tartar, bacteria, and food particles just like natural teeth. You wouldn’t let that build up on your teeth (we hope) so don’t let it build up on your veneers either.
- To keep your smile makeover in the best possible condition, always see your hygienist for regular appointments to get the build-up thoroughly removed and have all your teeth examined for any developing problems.
- Veneers do a lot for your appearance, but you want all your teeth to work together and be healthy and clean to give you an amazing smile.
Importance Maintenance Tips for Porcelain Veneers
Veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry solutions for many reasons, including their incredible porcelain veneers durability. People who opt for this treatment as their smile makeover of choice do so because they want to fix cosmetic problems like:
- Stains and discoloration
- Cracked enamel
- Short teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Unsightly teeth
Along with transforming your teeth and building out into a broad, beautiful smile, porcelain veneers also do functional work, supporting your smile and lips, keeping your oral health strong as you age, and reinforcing natural teeth that have been weakened or compromised. Anyone who gets veneers discovers that they look younger, happier, healthier, smarter, and more capable when they have a full set of flawless porcelain veneers.
Get Porcelain Veneers in West Bloomfield Township
Porcelain veneers are a lifestyle and caring for porcelain veneers is part of that lifestyle too. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Jacqueline Zoma and her team at Zoma Dental to find out if you’re a good candidate for veneers and what will be required of you to care for them and your smile makeover.