Porcelain Veneers Candidate:
A versatile cosmetic dentistry treatment
Contact Us Today!
We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
Please note: We have talented doctors, an awesome staff, free second opinions, and many insurance and financing options available.
Porcelain Veneers Candidate
It’s rare for people to be born with perfect teeth. All the VIPs you see with straight, white smiles didn’t hit the DNA jackpot – they had an excellent cosmetic dentist helping them out. In most cases, they got a smile makeover using natural-looking porcelain veneers. If you wish you had a flawless smile like the celebrities, politicians, and journalists among us, it’s time to find out if you’re a porcelain veneers candidate from Dr. Jacqueline Zoma at Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield Township.
Problems Fixed by Porcelain Veneers
Here are the steps for the dental implant procedure:
Dental veneers are a versatile cosmetic dentistry treatment. They can conceal everything you dislike about your smile in one procedure. Instead of getting multiple treatments, like Invisalign and teeth whitening and dental crowns, you can invest in one long-lasting smile makeover.
Veneers can correct all the following issues at the same time:
- Chips or cracks
- Stains and discoloration
- Short teeth
- Narrow smile
- Gummy smile
- Worn teeth
- Odd-sized teeth
You Must Have a Strong Foundation for Veneers
Cosmetic dentistry can only be done in a healthy mouth. No dentist will attempt to beautify a smile that is plagued by disease or decay. If you have oral health problems, you aren’t automatically disqualified from getting porcelain veneers – you simply need to get the necessary dental restorations completed first before the veneers can be done.
- Evaluation: When you express an interest in getting a smile makeover, your dentist will conduct a through examination first to see if you’re a good porcelain veneers candidate. She will evaluate your mouth, teeth, gums, and bite to see if the procedure can work for you and to make sure you are free of gum disease and cavities.
- Repairs: If you do have gingivitis or a more severe form of gum disease, this will need to be treated thoroughly and your gums given time to heal. Gum disease does not go away on its own and you can’t hide its symptoms from your dentist. It needs to be aggressively treated to ensure that your mouth is healthy enough for cosmetic dentistry.
- Planning: If your oral health is in good condition, then you’re automatically a potential porcelain veneers candidate. There is almost nothing stopping you from going after the smile makeover you want. It is important, though, to discuss all your dentist’s recommendations for your unique smile so you settle on the one that is best for your oral health. There are always multiple cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry options for upgrading a smile – porcelain veneers may be the right one for you, or another treatment may be your ticket to gorgeous teeth.
Are You a Good Porcelain Veneers Candidate?
If you want to upgrade your smile, there are several questions you can ask yourself in anticipation of your consultation with your cosmetic dentist.
- Do you avoid smiling or speaking up?
- Are you prepared to invest in a long-lasting smile makeover?
- Do you have photos of smiles you admire?
- Can you name all the things you dislike about your teeth?
- Do you think veneers are the only option for you?
If you answered yes to all these questions, then you’re already on the right path to a smile makeover. Porcelain veneers are not a treatment entered into lightly. They are a true investment in your oral health and overall appearance.
Anyone who is a porcelain veneers candidate and moves forward with the treatment is more than satisfied with the results. In just two dental visits and after plenty of deliberation and careful planning, your smile will be customized for you alone and look like natural teeth.