Invisalign for Adults
There are many adults who want straight teeth, but they don’t want to wear obvious metal braces. The innovation of Invisalign for adults has made aligned smiles possible for millions of people who want a discreet and efficient way to get a straight smile, and this orthodontic alternative is available from certified Invisalign provider Dr. Jacqueline Zoma at Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield Township.
Adults Have Time for Invisalign
Adults have responsibilities, jobs, and a social life, and it’s understandable that you don’t want braces to interrupt any of your obligations or demand time you don’t have to give. However, when you think of Invisalign as an investment in yourself, this treatment can take on a different sheen – and it won’t require all that much time to fit into your schedule.
- You only need to see your West Bloomfield Township Invisalign provider about every 8 to 10 weeks, which is far less frequent than braces-wearers. The appointments will be brief. You’ll get a quick check-up so your dentist can see how your alignment is progressing and you will receive your next several sets of aligners.
- Each set of aligners is worn for 2 weeks, so a few teeth at a time are gradually and gently moved before the aligners are switched out for new trays. It’s an easy schedule to keep track of and you’ll always feel like you’re wearing fresh trays if you take good care of them in between switches.
- Trays must be worn 20 to 22 hours a day, which sounds like a massive commitment, but it’s a routine that is easy to get used to and the concept is simple: Invisalign is worn all the time, except during meals or when cleaning your teeth.
- Treatment takes an average of 12 months, but some patients may wear Invisalign for only half that time. It depends on the complexity of your case, how much your teeth need to move, and your compliance with Invisalign rules.
Why Adults Love Invisalign
Traditional metal braces have a stigma about them – they scream adolescence, even though they’re appropriate for any age. Plus, they’re also uncomfortable, stuck on your teeth, and very noticeable. Invisalign does away with all the dislikes people have about conventional braces and offer the following perks:
- Clear: Invisalign is discreet – no brackets, wires, or rubber bands. The very thin, clear aligners fit snugly and are nearly impossible to detect on the teeth. You can go about your daily life without worrying about everyone staring at your mouth.
- Removable: You must wear Invisalign all day, but if you need a break or have a special event or photo where you don’t want them around, you have the freedom to remove the trays.
- Comfortable: Wearers of metal braces often complain about getting jabbed in the cheeks and lips by sharp wires and brackets. Invisalign aligners are smooth and comfortable.
- No restrictions: You aren’t limited in what you can eat or drink – only when you can ingest it. Trays should be out of your mouth for every meal, snack, or beverage other than water.
- Easy to clean: Brushing and flossing is the same-old, same-old with Invisalign. You won’t need any special tools to clean around brackets and wires, which means your teeth should stay cavity-free through your treatment. Cleaning Invisalign is easy too – just use the cleaning solution your Invisalign provider recommends.
- Healthier teeth: When your teeth are in alignment, they’re easier to brush and floss, which lowers the chances of decay, gum disease, and other oral health problems. Correcting misalignment can sometimes minimize TMJ problems as well as teeth grinding and clenching, which means you’re less likely to suffer mouth pain or problems like gum recession, worn enamel, or damaged dental work.
Find Out If You’re a Good Candidate for Invisalign
Maybe you wore braces as a teen but skipped out on wearing the retainers. Maybe you’ve always wanted straight teeth and never had the opportunity to do anything about it. Now, Invisalign for adults corrects your smile no matter what the circumstances.
At Zoma Dental, we use state-of-the-art techniques and equipment to determine if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign for adults. From there, we will customize your Invisalign treatment from start to finish. Contact us today to learn more.