West Bloomfield Dentist
The West Bloomfield dentists at Zoma Dental offer general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and restorative dentistry treatments to patients of all ages in Metro Detroit. You only get one smile, and it’s your dentist’s privilege to help you keep it healthy, strong, and beautiful. Here are the procedures you can expect from your West Bloomfield dentist at Zoma Dental.
General and Restorative Dentistry from Your West Bloomfield Dentist
General and preventive dentistry is intended to keep your mouth healthy and prevent against disease and infection. Through bi-annual visits to your West Bloomfield dentist, you can maintain strong and healthy teeth and gums. Restorative dentistry repairs dental problems, corrects existing issues, and prevents future complications.
Here are the most common general and restorative dentistry procedures performed:
- Dental cleanings: If your teeth and gums are clean, then they stay healthy. Visiting your West Bloomfield Township dentist twice a year is an opportunity to have your entire mouth cleaned and examined to help prevent gum disease and maintain good oral health.
- Fillings: When tooth enamel breaks down, it allows decay (a cavity) to develop. After the cavity is removed, a composite, tooth-colored filling is placed, to restore the functionality, structure and health of the tooth.
- Root canal therapy: Every tooth has a pulp chamber within it, which contains the tooth’s blood supply, nerves and tissues. Once the pulp chamber becomes infected, due to a deep cavity, crack, or trauma; it may cause severe pain and discomfort. Root canal therapy is a procedure that saves the tooth, so that the pain can be eliminated and your tooth will not need to be extracted.
- Crowns and bridges: A dental crown is a “cap” that is placed over a tooth to cover it and restore its shape, size, strength and improve its appearance. They are also used as anchors on a dental bridge, which can be a treatment of choice for a missing tooth. Dental crowns are also placed on top of a dental implant to replace a missing tooth.
- Extractions: Sometimes an unhealthy tooth needs to be extracted because it cannot be repaired. Other extractions are for wisdom teeth, the third molars, which can cause problems if permitted to stay in the mouth.
- Dentures: Modern dentures are more comfortable and fit better than dentures of the past. Both full and partial dentures are available, and they replace missing teeth and support tissues in the mouth.
- Dental implants: Patients who want a permanent solution to missing teeth opt for dental implants, which are surgically implanted in the jawbone. Dental implants look, act, and feel just like a natural tooth.
West Bloomfield Dentist Performs Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry is what smile makeovers are made of. These elective procedures are designed to make teeth look their very best, which makes you look your best too. All cosmetic dentistry treatments are customized to the patient so they are flattering, appropriate, and flawless.
Here are the most common cosmetic dentistry upgrades:
- Porcelain veneers: There is no more versatile cosmetic dentistry treatment than porcelain veneers. These super-thin shields of porcelain are carefully constructed in size, shape, and color so they blend with a person’s mouth, skin type, and even their age and gender. Porcelain veneers fix all kinds of aesthetic complaints, which include: chips, cracks, stains, discoloration, misalignment, and gaps.
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening is popular because it works. Teeth are multiple shades whiter after a professional bleaching treatment, giving you that bright, healthy-looking smile you want. Teeth whitening can happen in the dentist’s office in just one hour, or patients can use customized take-home trays and whiten in the privacy of their home over two weeks.
- Invisalign: Yes, it’s orthodontics, but Invisalign is also cosmetic dentistry. This treatment takes, on average, about a year to complete. Every patient is different though and some will need to wear fewer aligners and others will need more. Invisalign is the discreet way to align your smile because the aligners are clear and thin.
Get a Beautiful and Healthy Smile in West Bloomfield
At Zoma Dental, your oral health is our priority, and we want you to have a strong, healthy, and beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime. Contact us today to schedule your consultation or appointment with your West Bloomfield Dentist.
©2020 | Zoma Dental | All Rights Reserved