Your smile says a lot about who you are. But how often and how big you smile depends on how confident you are about the appearance of your teeth. Invisible braces have become the top way to straighten teeth, especially for busy adults. When you want to improve your teeth without everyone knowing about it, find out if invisible braces from Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield Township are right for you.
Invisalign: The Discreet Way to Straighten Your Smile
Invisalign is the most well-known type of invisible braces. This treatment plan can manage simple and complex alignment issues and do just about everything that conventional metal braces can do, whether that’s correcting gaps, crowding, overbite, underbite, open bite, or otherwise.
When you decide that invisible braces are the right choice for you, it’s important to find an experienced, certified Invisalign provider who is intimately familiar with the process. Once you’re in good hands, the journey will begin:
- Exam: X-rays and 3D scans will be taken, as well as impressions of your teeth, to determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign.
- Design: Your dentist will develop a step-by-step treatment plan from start to finish and map out the exact movement of your teeth.
- Creation: Your first sets of trays will be created specifically for you.
- Application: If needed, attachments – small, composite dots – will be bonded to your teeth temporarily to help anchor the trays in place and force the movements of the tooth roots and crowns.
- Wear: You will be taught how to insert and remove the trays and be sent home with your first few sets of aligners.
Every six weeks or so, you will have regular in-person appointments with your West Bloomfield Township Invisalign provider so she can monitor your progress, and so you can pick up the next sets of trays that you need to wear. Remember, Invisalign moves teeth a few at a time, which is why there are so many aligners needed in a full course of invisible braces.
The average Invisalign treatment takes about one year to complete, but the full length of time needed will depend on how much your teeth need to move – and how compliant you are with the 20- to 22-hour daily wear time.
Invisible Braces for Adults
Adults who choose invisible braces like Invisalign opt for this treatment for a variety of reasons:
- Misalignment: They want to finally fix the crooked teeth they’ve had for a lifetime.
- Pain: They want to correct the misalignment that is responsible for TMJ problems and jaw pain.
- Teeth grinding: They want to stop their teeth grinding and clenching habit.
- Overall oral health: They want healthier teeth that are easier to clean and, as a result, far less susceptible to decay or other oral health problems.
- Subtlety: The biggest draw of invisible braces for adults is that they are nearly impossible to see on the teeth. The aligners are so slim and clear, they snap right into place and stay out of the way, so your professional and personal life are not interrupted by visible orthodontics.
Invisible Braces for Teens
The plastic aligners of Invisalign are an incredible draw for teenagers, many of whom would do just about anything to avoid the visible brackets and wires of conventional braces that push and pull teeth into alignment. Invisalign Teen is designed specifically for this demographic in the following ways:
- Compliance indicators: Each set of trays has blue wear indicator dots that fade over time and show whether the aligners are being worn the proper amount.
- Eruption tabs: For teeth that have not yet erupted, the Invisalign Teen trays are customized with eruption tabs in all the right places that work like pockets to guide teeth into alignment when they erupt.
- Replacement trays: Teens are, well, teens, so they may misplace, lose, or break trays accidentally along the way. Invisalign Teen allows for a few replacement trays that do not affect the total cost of the treatment.
Get Invisible Braces in West Bloomfield Township
Find out if you or your teen is a good candidate for invisible braces. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Jacqueline Zoma at Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield Township.