Your Smile Makeover
Is Built To Last
Your Smile Makeover
Is Built To Last
Contact Us Today!
We’d love to meet you, and give you the smile you deserve.
Please note: We have talented doctors, an awesome staff, free second opinions, and many insurance and financing options available.
Smile Makeover Durability
When you work with an experienced West Bloomfield Township dentist, your smile makeover will be built to last. Whether you’re undergoing one procedure or multiple cosmetic and restorative dentistry treatments, smile makeover durability is a given. In the hands of Dr. Jacqueline Zoma and her team at Zoma Dental, your new smile will not only look amazing and function flawlessly, it will last for a very long time.
Factors That Affect Smile Makeover Durability
Your West Bloomfield Township cosmetic dentist delivers strong, long-lasting smile makeovers. Then, it’s the patient’s turn to maintain their new smile. Here are just some of the factors that affect smile makeover durability:
- At-home care: Brush twice a day and floss once a day to care for your restorations and cosmetic upgrades. Use a soft-bristle brush and fluoride toothpaste and remember that your smile makeover is not self-cleaning. Keeping up with oral health care is a must.
- Professional care: Visit your dentist every six months for a thorough cleaning, dental exam, and review of your smile makeover upgrades.
- Pressure: Your teeth exert serious force and pressure when you bite and chew and some people unconsciously grind and clench their teeth. If you have this problem, get it addressed immediately with a nightguard so you don’t damage your smile makeover.
- Location: If your cosmetic or restorative dentistry upgrades are situated in the back of the mouth, they’ll undergo greater strain and do more chewing work than other teeth. This can impact durability and longevity.
- Accident or injury: If you are involved in an accident, fall, or suffer a sports injury, any blow to the mouth can knock a restoration loose, break a tooth, damage gums, and do all sorts of damage to your smile makeover and oral health.
How Long Do Smile Makeover Treatments Last?
Getting a smile makeover is an investment in your oral health and appearance. You want to choose the right procedures for your unique smile and you want to choose the treatments that will last the longest.
Many dental procedures have a limited lifespan. Some upgrades will need to be touched up or redone after a few years, while others can last a lifetime. Here is what to expect from the some of the most common smile makeover treatments:
- Dental implants: One of the strongest restorative dentistry solutions, dental implants can potentially last a lifetime. The crown that sits atop the implant, however, may need to be replaced after a few decades.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers can last for 15 years or more. With dedicated upkeep, they can last longer. Plus, as the porcelain used to create veneers becomes stronger and the methods to apply veneers to the teeth become less invasive, the lifespan of this cosmetic dentistry solution is expected to increase significantly.
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular, affordable smile makeover procedures. Typically, results of the initial whitening last for up to three years before there is any noticeable enamel color change. Whitening patients are sent home with a touch-up kit so they can do treatments on their own time as needed.
- Porcelain crowns: This common dental restoration is estimated to last for 10 to 15 years, but with proper cleaning and check-ups, a porcelain crown can extend far beyond a decade.
Get a Smile Makeover at Dentist Near Me in West Bloomfield Township
Smile makeover durability is part your dentist’s work and part your upkeep of your oral health. Learn more about the options that are right for you by scheduling an appointment with Dr. Zoma at Zoma Dental in West Bloomfield Township.